Sunday, January 17, 2010

Life can change so much, so quickly.

I can't believe that the first few days on 2010 saw me breaking up with my boyfriend of six years. Well, six years and three months. This is not what I envisioned my future to be when I moved to Atlanta a year and a half ago. I thought we really had a chance- I gave up best friends, living in Ohio, and thousands of dollars to be with him, and it's blown up in my face. The circumstances behind this break up are horrible and extremely personal, but at the same time, I am torn between wanting to hate him, and feeling petrified at the idea of being alone for a year in a city that I haven't been in very long. How do you say goodbye to your best friend and partner in crime of six years?
Do I just cut it off cold turkey once he leaves to go back to Ohio? Do I try to be friends? Do I wait for him to get his act together and fix his life, so we can have a chance? Or should I move on, and try to meet new people.

I am so lost.

1 comment:

  1. I have no idea what to tell you. I think the waiting to get his act together may be a good idea...but how long do you wait for that day to come? I know I've said this before, but whenever you get all lonely in the city, give me a call. I'll be up there in a jiffy :)

    ReplyDelete